Collection and Use of Personal Information
Personal information is data that can be used to identify or contact a single person.
Here are some examples of the types of personal information Assured Allies may collect and how we may use it:
What personal information we collect
- When you connect to our services, contact us including by social media or participate in an online survey, we may collect a variety of information, including your name, mailing address, phone number, email address, contact preferences, device identifiers, IP address, location information, credit card information and profile information where the contact is via social media.
- When you share your content with family and friends or invite others to participate in Assured Allies services or forums, Assured Allies may collect the information you provide about those people such as name, mailing address, email address, and phone number. Assured Allies will use such information to fulfill your requests, provide the relevant product or service, or for anti-fraud purposes.
How we use your personal information
- The personal information we collect allows us to keep you posted on Assured Allies’s latest product announcements, service, and upcoming events. If you don’t want to be on our mailing list, you can opt-out anytime by emailing us at [email protected]
- We also use personal information to help us create, develop, operate, deliver, and improve our products, services, and content, and for loss prevention and anti-fraud purposes. We limit our uses of data for anti-fraud purposes to those which are strictly necessary and within our assessed legitimate interests to protect our customers and our services.
- From time to time, we may use your personal information to send important notices, such as communications about changes to our terms, conditions, and policies. Because this information is important to your interaction with Assured Allies, you may not opt out of receiving these communications.
- We may also use personal information for internal purposes such as auditing, data analysis, and research to improve Assured Allies’s products, services, and customer communications.
- If you enter into a sweepstake, contest, or similar promotion we may use the information you provide to administer those programs.
- If you apply for a position at Assured Allies or we receive your information in connection with a potential role at Assured Allies, we may use your information to evaluate your candidacy and to contact you. If you are a candidate, you will receive more information about how Assured Allies handles candidate personal information at the time of application.
Source of your personal information where they are not collected from you
We may have received your personal information from your insurance carrier.
If you are a potential candidate for employment with Assured Allies, we may have received your personal information from third parties such as recruiters or external websites. We will use the personal information we receive to contact you about a potential opportunity or in evaluating your candidacy. If you did not provide us your personal information directly, we will inform you of the source when we first contact you regarding your candidacy. For research and development purposes, we may use datasets. When acquiring such datasets, we do so in accordance with applicable law in the jurisdiction in which the dataset is hosted. When using such datasets for research and development, we do not attempt to identify individuals who may appear therein.
Collection and Use of Non-Personal Information
We also collect data in a form that does not, on its own, permit direct association with any specific individual. We may collect, use, transfer, and disclose non-personal information for any purpose.
Cookies and Other Technologies
You can disable cookies on your browser. Please note that certain features of the Assured Allies website may not be available once cookies are disabled.
As is true of most internet services, we gather some information automatically and store it in log files. This information includes Internet Protocol (IP) addresses, browser type and language, Internet service provider (ISP), referring and exit websites and applications, operating system, date/time stamp, and clickstream data. We use this information to understand and analyze trends, to administer the site, to learn about user behavior on the site, to improve our product and services, and to gather demographic information about our user base as a whole. Assured Allies may use this information in our marketing.
In some of our email messages, we use a “click-through URL” linked to content on the Assured Allies website. When customers click one of these URLs, they pass through a separate web server before arriving at the destination page on our website. We track this click-through data to help us determine interest in particular topics and measure the effectiveness of our customer communications. If you prefer not to be tracked in this way, you should not click text or graphic links in the email messages. Pixel tags enable us to send email messages in a format customers can read, and they tell us whether mail has been opened. We may use this information to reduce or eliminate messages sent to customers.
Disclosure to Third Parties
At times Assured Allies may provide third parties with certain personal information to provide or improve our products and services, including to deliver products at your request, or to help Assured Allies market to consumers. When we do, we require those third parties to handle it in accordance with relevant laws. Assured Allies does not sell personal information, and personal information will never be shared with third parties for their marketing purposes.
Assured Allies shares personal information with companies who provide services such as information processing, extending credit, fulfilling customer orders, delivering products to you, managing and enhancing customer data, providing customer service, assessing your interest in our products and services, and conducting customer research or satisfaction surveys. These companies are obligated to protect your information and may be located wherever Assured Allies operates.
It may be necessary − by law, legal process, litigation, and/or requests from public and governmental authorities within or outside your country of residence − for Assured Allies to disclose your personal information. We may also disclose information about you if we determine that for purposes of your safety, the safety of others, national security, law enforcement, or other issues of public importance, disclosure is necessary or appropriate. We may also disclose information about you, but only where there is a lawful basis for doing so, if we determine that disclosure is reasonably necessary to enforce our terms and conditions or protect our operations or users. This could include providing information to public or governmental authorities. Additionally, in the event of a reorganization, merger, or sale we may transfer any and all personal information we collect to the relevant third party.
Protection of Personal Information
Assured Allies takes the security of your personal information seriously and will take reasonable steps to protect it.
Retention of Personal Information
Your Privacy Rights
We will provide you with access (including a copy) of personal information we hold for any purpose including to request that we correct the data if it is inaccurate or delete the data if Assured Allies is not required to retain it by law or for legitimate business purposes.
We may decline to process requests that are frivolous, jeopardize the privacy of others, are extremely impractical, or for which access is not otherwise required by law.
The California Consumer Privacy Act provides California consumers with the right to obtain from Assured Allies information about the personal information about you that we collect, use, and disclose. You or your authorized agent can exercise your rights, by making a request to [email protected].
If you choose to exercise your privacy rights, you have the right to not to receive discriminatory treatment from Assured Allies.
You have the right to opt-out of the sale of your personal information. Assured Allies does not sell your personal information. You can make a request to [email protected]..
Third-Party Sites and Services
Assured Allies websites, products, applications, and services may contain links to third-party websites, products, and services. Our products and services may also use or offer products or services from third parties.
Information collected by third parties, which may include such things as location data or contact details, is governed by their privacy practices. We encourage you to learn about the privacy practices of those third parties.
Our Company Wide Commitment to Your Privacy
To make sure your personal information is secure, we communicate our privacy and security guidelines to Assured Allies employees and strictly enforce privacy safeguards within the company.
When a privacy question or question about personal information received in response to an access/download request is received we have a dedicated team which triages your contact to address your issue. Where your issue may be more substantive in nature, we may request more information from you. All such substantive contacts receive a response within seven (7), days wherever possible – providing a response on the issue raised, requesting additional information where necessary or indicating that a response will require additional time. You may at any time refer your complaint to the relevant regulator in your jurisdiction if you are unsatisfied with a reply received from us.
Where your complaint indicates an improvement could be made in our handling of privacy issues we will take steps to make such an update at the next reasonable opportunity. In the event that a privacy issue has resulted in a negative impact on you or another person we will take steps to address that with you or that other person.
Assured Inc. 245 Washington Street, Suite 203, Wellesley, MA 02481
Effective Date 31 March ’20.